The Importance of Play at Work
Play at Work Contributes to Corporate Wellness
Here are three ways to incorporate play into your meetings at work:
- Ice-breakers - Elizabeth Cushing with Playworks provided this fun ice-breaker example:
- Ask your colleagues a simple check-in question at the start of the meeting. (e.g. Who was your favorite childhood Rock Star band?)
- Asking a simple question like this can get your employees engaged for the meeting and co-workers get to know each other a little more.
- Physical Activity - Sean Foy, Author and President of Win Today Wellness provided these suggestions to incorporate physical activity at work:
- Find something quick and fun that everyone can do together in the office standing or sitting. It could be a simple stretch, a strengthening exercise or even cardio. You don’t even need any equipment or props.
- For example, get everyone using an imaginary jump rope on their own and then have them partner up with someone else to do some partner rope jumping!
- End with a Bang - Another Playworks idea is to end your meetings with a bang!
- Before everyone gets ready to leave the meeting, why not end the meeting with style?
- Engage your team in a cheer or have your team give one of the team members (perhaps someone who might be feeling tired or stressed, or someone that deserves some praise for a job well done) a "Whoosh Clap."
PlayWorks YouTube channel has lots of fun videos and ideas.
ART & SCIENCE OF HEALTH PROMOTION CONFERENCE
Anne Marie Kirby, CoreHealth's CEO and Craig Blumenthal, CoreHealth's Business Development Manager attended the Art & Science of Health Promotion Conference immediately following the Training Summit. It was great to connect with so many wellness providers and customers, including Inspired Perspectives.
SHARE WHAT YOU LEARNED
What did you learn at the summit and/or conference? Tell us what got you excited!
ABOUT COREHEALTH TECHNOLOGIES
CoreHealth Technologies Inc. is the leading corporate wellness platform trusted by more than 1000 organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 enterprises. At CoreHealth, we believe that developing the best employee wellness programs is all about giving wellness companies the right code, design and access to the latest innovations. With the most customization, integrations and reliability of any software in its class, CoreHealth’s powerful platform lets users focus on growing great companies. For more information, visit the CoreHealth website.
Written by Jeff Goreski
Jeff has a BA, PBGD Dip-Health Promotion, MA-Gerontology/Health Promotion coursework and more than 20 years of experience in community health and health promotion.