HELPING EMPLOYEES ACHIEVE THEIR PERSONAL BESTThese Olympians aren't the only one's wanting to succeed and be the best they can be!
Employees are striving to reach their gold too - with the help of Morneau Shepell, a leading provider of employee and family assistance programs (EFAPs), human resources consulting and technology as announced by a recent press release.
CANADA'S ONLY WORKPLACE HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAM LED BY OLYMPIANSMorneau is leading the way by providing Canada's only total workplace health and wellness program led by elite athlete ambassadors as part of their Getting to Your Gold program. Morneau is also the Mental Health Partner of the Canadian Olympic Team.
The Getting to Your Gold program is designed to help motivate behaviour change while connecting co-workers and Olympic athletes through an engagement program.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKSAs with every wellness program, engagement is key. To help make the process as fun and engaging as possible for participants, the Getting to Your Gold program is powered by the CoreHealth corporate wellness platform and will include:
- Online Wellness Portal - Olympic themed online portal accessible via desktop computer or any device
- Trackers - individual trackers to count steps, calories, food, weight, and more.
- Goal Setting - users may have individual goals and team goals they set and track (which may change over the coaching period)
- Dashboards - comprised of various site features that track/display information such as: steps, results, wellness score.
- Gamification - to make the experience fun and engaging
- Leader Boards - top performers will be recognized on the platform leaderboard.
- Motivational Messages - providing health tips and useful advice.
- Webinars - featuring Olympic athletes
- Education - expert articles on fitness, nutrition, rest, coping skills and more are available along with elite athlete-developed videos and program orientation video.
- Challenges - individual and group wellness challenge are a main component of the program.
EMPLOYEES FEEL LIKE OLYMPIC ATHLETES ARE RIGHT THERE WITH THEM
As quoted in Corporate Wellness Magazine, “Getting to your Gold offers a two-way support model: Employees will cheer on their Olympic athlete, while the athlete will provide encouragement and ‘coaching’ for employees to reach their wellness goals,” said Paula Allen, vice president, research and integrative solutions at Morneau Shepell.
THE PROGRAM HAS BEEN WELL RECEIVED TO DATE
Laura Putnam, a workplace wellness engagement specialist and author of Workplace Wellness that Works: 10 Steps to Infuse Well-Being and Vitality into any Organization, loves the idea of a program based around Olympic athletes. “It is contemporary, relevant and focuses on the here and now. All of us want to be at the top of our game, just like these athletes,” Putnam said. "Meaningful purpose means people are likely to engage - and it's fun.”
HELP EMPLOYEES ACHIEVE THEIR BESTIf you are a workplace wellness provider that would like to develop and deliver a workplace health and wellness program similar to this, contact CoreHealth.
OTHER HELPFUL RESOURCES
You may be interested in some of these other helpful blog posts:
- 10+ Must Have's in Corporate Wellness Technology
- How to Sell Wellness to C-Suite
- Benefits Broker Grows Revenue with Wellness - A Case Study
- The Recipe for Successful Wellness Challenges
ABOUT COREHEALTH TECHNOLOGIES
CoreHealth Technologies Inc. is the leading corporate wellness platform trusted by more than 1000 organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 enterprises. At CoreHealth, we believe that developing the best employee wellness programs is all about giving wellness companies the right code, design and access to the latest innovations. With the most customization, integrations and reliability of any software in its class, CoreHealth’s powerful platform lets users focus on growing great companies. For more information, explore the CoreHealth website.
About The Author
Cindy Danielson is CoreHealth's Marketing Maverick and team leader with a passion for connecting people and technology. In addition to marketing, she has experience as a Benefits Brokers, HR Professional and Project Manager. She loves sales and marketing process while leveraging systems such as Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics CRM and HubSpot.