Ever try to explain what it’s like to someone from the outside? As the CEO of Corehealth Technologies, I’ve recently had that experience and I couldn’t help but notice how it contravenes all logic.
THE WELLNESS INDUSTRY IS A STRANGE BEAST
- Why don’t people take care of themselves?
- Why do some employers spend massive amounts on tuning and maintaining their equipment but are reluctant to spend a nickel to maintain their people?
- Doesn’t anybody do calculations such as “Determining the Economic Value of Preventive Maintenance” on their human resources?
- Why are employers okay with spending huge amounts on healthcare? Consider that General Motors spends more on healthcare than they do on steel!
- Why does the healthcare system ignore the elephant in the room? (a.k.a. prevention)
IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR THIS CRAZINESS?
I’m glad you asked because actually there is a glimmer of hope for the wellness industry and it lies in a fairly new movement that is gaining momentum. It’s called the Wellness Underground.
I just returned from the 2nd Annual Wellness Underground Workshop in Orlando where 40 of the sharpest minds in the industry came together to turn it upside down with new ideas and new approaches. We are motivated to push the boundaries of wellness as we know it today, be innovative and challenge status quo.
“Treating Wellness as a Start Up” was the theme of this year’s workshop
It was amazing to see who our industry thought leaders really are. A number of the instigators remain silent so that they don’t endanger their “mainstream wellness jobs”. I can’t wait to see who they are when they come out!
CALLING ALL WELLNESS INNOVATORS
In the meantime, if you are an innovator, or you want to make a difference in the wellness industry, check out the movement starting at Wellness Underground.
As a leader in wellness technology, I am proud to be part of this new movement and represent CoreHealth and our clients who use the CoreHealth Corporate Wellness Platform.
Contact me if you have questions about Wellness Underground.
Anne Marie Kirby, CEO
ABOUT COREHEALTH TECHNOLOGIES
CoreHealth Technologies Inc. is the leading corporate wellness platform trusted by more than 1000 organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 enterprises. At CoreHealth, we believe that developing the best employee wellness programs is all about giving wellness companies the right code, design and access to the latest innovations. With the most customization, integrations and reliability of any software in its class, CoreHealth’s powerful platform lets users focus on growing great companies. For more information, explore the CoreHealth website.